Jabra has released their latest wireless sport headphone and since it is Jabra that means there is some sort of cool trick aside from delivering Dolby sound without the troublesome cable. The Sport Pulse was designed to include an integrated heart rate monitor that incorporates with the Jabra Sports app to track your work out. The tracking included in the app consists of VO2 max, resting heart rate, and an Orthostatic heart rate test to prevent overtraining along with. Let's see if these buds are a must a must have workout out accessory or fall flat on its face.Like previous Jabra reviews, it is fast and easy to get synced and going and from there the phone went in the pocket and the ear buds stayed in place. The sound quality was great, with deep bass and clear highs and for those who like to fine tune the levels of playback, the Jabra Sound app allows for customized listening. However, the Jabra Sports app is the main reason I preferred these to other wireless buds as not only does it track your pulse but it also provides audio coaching for planning workouts and analyzing precious sessions. I did have one complaint during use and that was with the battery life, they last roughly six hours on a full charge and so the were best used only for working out as they won't run a full workday with recharging.These ear buds are minimal while still packing a punch, proving that they aren't just a one trick pony but a multi purpose unobtrusive device that I found to work beautifully as long as you remember to charge every couple of days. They fit snug and comfortably as not once did they feel like they were going to fall out, saving valuable time fidgeting with my ear buds while trying to focus on my fitness. The heart rate monitor is yet another feature in which I didn't know I needed and the lack of cord saves valuable space and the inline remote prevents needing to access my phone. The Jabra Sport Pulse ear buds are available now for $199.99.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Saturday, January 10, 2015
Divoom has provided us with another Bluetooth speaker to check out, this time around we have received the Airbeat-10. This speaker brings to the table such features as being splash proof, offers multi purpose mounts, and packs six hours of juice in a small package. By multipurpose, Divoom makes it possible to use suction cup mount in the bathroom or a bike mount to listen while riding. Now that the speaker has been fixed to my bathroom wall for a week, let's see how it did.
The Airbeat-10 holds it's own for a small single driver speaker, but the small stature makes the speaker very inconspicuous. The is a great speaker for the bathroom or bicycle as it is big enough to be heard over the shower or the breeze but small enough to still be inconspicuous. The included mounts are great as a number of Bluetooth even speakers out there charge extra for additional accessories. It is also durable and splash proof so there is no worries about dropping or getting wet, you know as long as you don't submerge it jumping your bicycle into a pool or large body of water.
Being both small and affordable, the Divoom Airbeat-10 is a solid investment for someone that is looking for more sound from your phone whether getting ready for work or an exciting night out or just taking a leisurely bike ride. This may not be the best wireless speaker for filling large rooms but it is perfect to take on the go, travel, and/or shower with. Divot’s Airbeat-10 is available now in red, white, blue, or black and is available to purchase now through online retailers.
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Next in the category of cases for the new and improved iPhone, comes three cases from a company, new to MashButtons, Silk. The cases received are the Vault Slim, the Stealth Armor tough case, and last but not least, the PureView clear case. Each case provides a unique feature and look for the phone appealing to wider range audience. A nice feature that appears on each of the cases is the screen protector and the low profile lip that protects your screen for those times when your phone needs to be placed face down.
I will begin with the Vault slim wallet case, whose stand out feature is the ability to store up to three cards plus cash. What I preferred with the Vault over the previously revised Q Card Case is the quick access slot that makes it a whole lot easier to retrieve cards from their secure slot. The build also has a raised area, which places tension on the cards in the case so I always had a sense of security that the cards won't fall out whether storing one card or three with cash. The material used in the design of the case uses a soft touch surface to also prevent the emptying of pockets when removed.
Next up is the Stealth armor case, which is a rugged and slim case for the phone that has removable colors to go with whichever colored iPhone you decided to go with. Silk provided military-grade protection to protect the phone from unfortunate falling incidents. Since it does not have a place for storing cards, the case is much slimmer and results in comfortably fitting in most pockets. While the case looks simple the inner workings are what provide great protection with shock absorbent core using a dual-tred design and elevated 360-degree corners.
Lastly, we have the PureView clear case that is more like a bumper and has a clear plastic window on the back. The window makes this a glass bottom case allowing you to make your own custom flair by way of included template. The PureView provides the same protection used in the Stealth armor case. I liked the ability to change up what you show off on your phones backside, but be sure not to keep anything else in your pockets with the phone as the back she'll gets scratched easily
Sunday, December 7, 2014
With the holidays, comes the difficult gift shopping for friends and loved ones. Since it is that time of year, I have listed a few items that should help with taking care of those on your NICE list. With the athletes, outdoor, and drone drone enthusiasts in mind, I bring you in no particular order, my
wish list gift guide.
Swann: Xtreem QuadForce HD Video Drone
- Shoot 720p HD video and 3MP images to a Micro SD card
- 2.4GHz control for a working wireless range up to 330ft
- Designed to fly in any direction with its 4-axis and lightweight yet durable construction
- Easy-Fly Gyro Technology provides stability and makes flying a breeze
- Powered by built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery & recharged via remote control
Zepp Labs: Zepp 3D Multi-Sport Motion Sensor
- Sensor wirelessly transmits data to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth after every swing
- Users can review and replay their swing in 360 degrees
- Baseball: track bat speed, path, timing, angles at impact, trends and more
- Golf: track speed, tempo, club plane, hand path, backswing position, hip rotation and more
- Tennis: track shot type mix (serve, forehand, backhand, smash), power and spin (topspin, slice, flat) and more
Price: $ 149.99
- One size fits all slap bracelet
- KidFit motivates through consistent encouragement and fun, challenging goals for real world awards
- Parents set activity goals and see stats and trends via the KidFit app
- Scores of 100 for easy understanding
- iOS and Android compatible
Price: $49.99 Pre-Order (Ships August 15th)
- Palm Size, Rechargeable, portable Bluetooth speaker designed specifically for rugged conditions
- Splash-resistant case that protects its components from splashing water and dust
- Wirelessly stream audio from tablets, smartphones and other Bluetooth-enabled devices
- 6-hour rechargeable battery and a 2’ driver and 2” passive radiator
- Included metal carabiner design lets you clip it on to your belt, jeans or backpack
Swann: SwannSecure Wi-Fi Monitoring System
- Shoots real time 720p HD video or still images to a 7” monitor
- SwannEye app for viewing on PC, Mac, tablets & Smartphones including iPhone, iPad & Android devices
- See in the dark up to 50ft with built in IR cut filter
- Built-in microphone captures audio
- Expandable up to 4 cameras
Price: $ 379.99